Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Gravy Pork Chops with Stuffing Biscuits

This is an oldie but a goodie. I found this recipe when I first started dating my boyfriend Chris and came to the startling realization that this man can EAT and recipes normal people make leave him hungry still! So I started searching for recipes that were yummy but also very filling. We both fell in love with this recipe. Just tonight we were discussing how it reminds us of Thanksgiving dinner. Its super quick and easy so a perfect week night recipe! It seriously hardly has any ingredients yet is SO good and fulfilling.

The recipe calls for bone in pork chops and while they do work better because they cook faster; I have used one without bones and they work just fine. Take 1 tablespoon of butter and melt it in a frying pan over medium high heat and stick your pork chops in. Cook the chops for 8 - 10 minutes (I do 10) and only flip them once. Basically you want them a nice golden brown when you are done. Once they are done browning place them in a baking dish and pour the gravy over the top of all of them.


While the pork chops are browning I always chop up my celery and onion used in the stuffing biscuits. I use more celery and onion than the recipe calls for. Once those are finished being chopped throw them into the same frying pan used for the pork chops. Cook the celery and onion for 3-5 minutes (I do 3) and then set them aside.



Next is the fun part! Making the amazing stuffing biscuits! Mix the Bisquick mix, sage and milk until blended. Then stir in the onion and celery goodness that you just cooked up.



Once everything is stirred together, take that amazingly yummy dough and plop a big spoonful onto each of your pork chops.



The recipe says to bake at 375 but I always set mine higher for this recipe. I find that the pork chops don't cook all the way through at 375 and I always have to put it back in for more time. And who wants to do that when you are hungry and waiting for dinner! I usually put mine at about 395 or 400 and that seems to work well. Once the oven is ready just pop those chopies in and let them bake for 20 to 25 minutes (I do 25). When they are done the biscuits should be a delightful golden brown and the pork chops should have no more pink.



This recipe is some serious comfort food. I am a happier person after eating this meal. Those of you who are foodies will know what I mean. I have to say while the biscuits are my favorite part, the pork goes so well with the biscuits that in reality I love it all. See below for the full recipe and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!!



Gravy Pork Chops with Stuffing Biscuits


1 tablespoon butter or margarine

4 bone in pork chops

1 jar (12 oz) home-style pork gravy

1 medium stalk celery, thinly sliced

1/4 cup chopped onion

1 cup Bisquick mix

1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves

1/3 cup milk



Heat oven to 375. Spray 13x9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12 inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until browned. Place pork chops in baking dish. Pour gravy over top.

In same skillet, cook celery and onion over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender; remove from heat.

In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sage and milk until blended. Stir in celery and onion mixture. Drop large spoonful of dough onto each pork chop.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and pork chops are no longer pink in center.



No comments:

Post a Comment