Thursday, October 13, 2011

Peppered Pork In Tangy Mushroom Sauce

I found this recipe by accident while madly searching for something to make for dinner this evening. I honestly picked this because I liked the way the picture looked. Ha ha! Lucky for me this meal turned out so good!! I am adding this to the recipe box!

I changed this recipe up a little since I already had pork chops in my freezer I used them instead of pork tenderloin and the recipe calls for "mixed pepper seasoning" which I wasnt quite sure what that was so I used a mixture of regular black pepper, garlic pepper and cajun seasoning. I have to say Im quite happy with my changes!

I made this dish with fresh green beans and mashed potatos. For those of you who arent cooking experts....start your potato water FIRST. Otherwise your potatos wont be soft and ready for mashing and all your other food will be done!! I know this from experience. :)

So, while my potato water was boiling I put all my seasonings on my pork chops and rubbed them into the meat. Sort of made a custom salt rub type thing.



I got all the rest of my ingredients out so that they were easy to grab. This really does help especially when you are bringing your ingredients to a boil and need to add things quickly!



Once I had everything organized to my liking and my potatoes boiling away I added my veggie oil to my skillet and got that ready for the pork chops. Once the oil was heated on medium-high heat I got my pork chops a cookin!



I cooked these about 5 minutes only flipping them once. While those were cooking I got the sauce ready bu adding my chicken broth and flour together in a small bowl.



Once that 5 minutes is up for the porkchops I dumped in the sauce along with the balsamic vinegar, rosemary and mushrooms.




At this point everything started to smell so amazing!!!! The recipe says to bring to a boil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. I cooked for 10 and had to cook for an additional 10 for the pork chops to not be pink on the inside. Once that was done cooking I served up the plates making sure to pour the sauce over the mushrooms and pork chops. YUM!



It was DELICIOUS!!!!! The sauce was so good! I will be making this for years to come!!!! See below to get the recipe!




1 pork tenderloin (1 to 1/4 lb)

1 tsp mixed pepper seasoning

1/4 tsp salt

2 tsp vegetable oil

1 cup chicken broth

2 tblspn flour

2 tblspn balsamic vinegar

2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crumbled

1 package (8 oz) fresh whole mushrooms


Cut pork into  four 4oz pieces. Between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, flatten pork pieces with meat mallet to 4x3 1/2 inches in diameter, less than 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle both sides of pork medallions with mixed pepper seasoning and salt; press in seasonings. In 12-inch non stick skillet, heat oil over medium -high heat. Add pork; cook about 5 minutes, turning once, until browned. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix broth and flour until smooth. Add broth mixture and remaining ingredients to skillet. Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occansionally, until pork is no longer pink in center and mushrooms are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment