Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cheddar Potatoes

This recipe takes first place for New Recipe of the Year. This was a very spur the moment choice and I had no idea how it would turn out. Luckily for all involved it was SO yummy. I really want to make it every night for a month! Left-overs heated up in the microwave the next day were just as good as fresh out of the oven which is always important! I also love that the recipe is so quick and easy. It takes a little while to bake but doesn't take long at all to prepare!

To start you grab your ham, green beans and potatoes and throw them all in a 2 quart glass baking dish that has no stick spray on it.



In a separate bowl I combined the soup, milk and 1/2 of the shredded cheddar cheese. Now the recipe calls for nacho cheese soup (does anyone know what this is???) or cheddar broccoli soup. I couldn't find either of those at the Safeway by my house so I went ahead with Cheddar Soup...which until the other day I didn't know existed. I mixed all of the cheesy-ness together with a hand mixer and then poured it over the stuff already in my baking dish and mixed it so everything was coated.



I sprinkled the remaining cheese on top and then decided rather than have a layer on top I would rather have pockets of cheese throughout so I stirred it in with everything.

Now the next part of the recipe calls for butter and bread crumbs to be mixed and put on top of the dish. I did that and felt like it just wasn't enough and my boyfriend suggested using PikNik Shoestring Potatoes on top as well. If you aren't aware of PikNik's get in your car....drive to your local grocery store....and buy some IMMEDIATELY. They are the most amazing thing ever on baked casseroles.




Once that is all put together get ready to toss it in the oven! (Not literally of course)



Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly.

WARNING: WILL SMELL POSITIVELY HEAVENLY WHILE COOKING....SO MUCH SO THAT YOU WILL WANT TO TAKE IT OUT EARLY AND EAT IT. I ASSURE YOU IT IS WORTH LETTING IT COOK THE ENTIRE TIME.

I let this cook for the entire time and it turned out perfect. So yummy and had the best ham flavor. My boyfriend and I both LOVED this dish and I will be making it all the time!! See the recipe below and make this soon!




1 pkg refrigerated potato wedges

1 cup cooked ham strips

1 (14.5oz) can green French Style beans, drained.

1 (10 3/4oz) can fiesta nacho cheese soup or cheesy broccoli soup

1/2 cup milk

4oz (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese

1 tablespoon butter, melted

1/2 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Place potatoes, ham and green beans in sprayed baking dish. In small bowl, combine soup, milk and 1/2 cup of the cheese; mix well. Pour over mixture in baking dish; stir gently to mix. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. In small bowl, combine butter and bread crumbs; mix well. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment