Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Easy Seafood Pasta

I am all about recipes being easy while also being tasty and this one is both!! I love me some seafood and I cant get enough of pasta (must be the tiny bit of Italian in me) and this recipe combines them perfectly!

This recipe calls for a Dutch Oven but I didn't use one...who has one of those just laying around?! It says to cook your pasta in the Dutch Oven but I cooked mine like how you normally cook pasta...pot...water...BAM...pasta.

While the pasta is boiling its good to get the shrimpies ready. I used frozen as that was all my grocery store had at the time so I stuck mine in  bowl to un-thaw.


Once you have that going grab your clam chowder, milk, 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese and the garlic and blend them all together until you have a smooth sauce. I didn't like how runny the consistency was so I also added some Alfredo sauce to thicken it up. The flavors mixed together were fantastic! Once you are done mixing just set the sauce aside for a bit.



The next step for me was to chop up all my veggies that were going into the pasta.




Once you have all that done you are ready to start cooking!! Get your oil and your skillet heated up and throw in the shrimp, mushrooms and onions. Cook them together about 5 minutes until the shrimp turns pink.



I also added chicken to my pasta to add a little more meat since I have a hungry boyfriend in the house! Next you are going to stir in your crushed red peppers. I added more than the recipe calls for to give it a nice kick! Then one you mix the crushed peppers in add the sauce that you made earlier.



Cook until thoroughly heated and then pour over pasta. Add some fresh Parmesan and you are set!



I personally LOVED this recipe. It was so yummy and the crushed red peppers added such a great flavor! My boyfriend also thought this was pretty fantastic. This is a MUST MAKE for sure!! See below for the recipe and ingredients.




16 oz uncooked linguine

1 can Progresso Traditional New England clam chowder

1 cup milk

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoon olive oil

1 1/2 lb uncooked peeled de-veined large shrimp, tails peeled

1 package sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)

4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese



In a 5 to 6 quart Dutch oven cook linguine as directed on package. Drain well; return to Dutch oven and cover to keep warm. Meanwhile in blender place clam chowder, milk, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the garlic. Blend on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Set aside. In 12 inch nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp, mushroom and onions, cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp turn pink. Stir in pepper flakes and soup mixture; cook until thoroughly heated. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour over cooked linguine in Dutch oven, toss gently to coat. Top individual servings with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment